Summertime brings warm weather along with lots of sunshine. However, for those with infants, it is crucial to dress them in lightweight newborn clothes for summer and provide sun protection to ensure their comfort and safety during warmer months. Below are some essential heat and sun safety recommendations that parents should keep in mind while enjoying the season.
Tips for Helping a Newborn Stay Cool in Summer
Newborn babies cannot regulate their own temperature, so parents need to closely monitor them to identify if their outfits are suitable, depending on the weather. Following these tips will help you appropriately dress your little one to ensure their comfort and safety during the warmer months:
- Consider baby clothes made from breathable and lightweight materials: These fibers have the ability to lick up moisture and allow breathability. Organic cotton bodysuits are a great option as it feels soft against baby’s sensitive skin and keeps them cool. In addition, dressing your newborn in a single layer is enough. Consider adding an extra layer if the temperature is under 75 °F (24 °C) or the air conditioner is running.
- Skip the socks to avoid overheating: Newborn babies can only sweat from their neck, head, hands, and feet, so covering their feet can significantly limit their ability to self-regulate their body temperature.
- Dress the newborn comfortably for sleep: On warm nights, keep your child comfortable in a short-sleeved bodysuit from premium bamboo and a swaddle blanket. You should set the room temperature between 68 and 72 °F to help your child sleep more comfortably during the summer.
- Opt for light colors: When selecting newborn clothes for summer, opt for light and soft-toned hues, including white, gray, and pastels. Such colors absorb less heat than darker ones, keeping your baby cooler on hot days.
- Utilize cloth diapers instead of disposable diapers: Disposable diapers include a plastic covering that traps moisture, resulting in a sweaty baby bottom and diaper rash. Using cloth diapers rather will keep your child calm and comfy. Cloth diapers are not only more breathable, but they are also better for your wallet and the environment.
- Use a lightweight floppy hat to protect your baby’s skin from the sun: Get a hat with a pliant rim to provide extra protection for your infant while you and your baby are out in the sun. These hats made of breathable material will help your baby stay cool.
Beat the Summer Heat with Baby Outfits from Gili Closet
Need to freshen up your newborn’s summer wardrobe? Get ready for warm weather with premium infant clothes from Gili Closet store. This online store offers a wide range of baby items made from materials that are gentle on a baby’s sensitive skin at affordable prices. With just a few mouse clicks, parents can shop for trendy products for their beloved ones!
It is crucial to understand how to select newborn clothes for summer to keep your newborn baby comfy on warmer days. With these tips, you and your baby can have an incredible warm-weather adventure ahead.